I still remember my Class XI days distinctly, when I had to struggle a lot finding whether a body was at equilibrium or not. If not, then what were the forces responsible for the acceleration of the body? Was it an Inertial Frame or a Non-Inertial Frame?
Then to my rescue came, Mr. Newton with his three amazing laws. He didn’t invent anything new, he just framed three simple sentences that if implemented properly, could help you in getting all the answers related to the motion of a body.
(This genius observation of his is famously known as: ‘Newton’s 3 Laws of Motion‘.)
Now, there was no confusion. One by one, I used to apply these three English statements & get desired results.
Simple, That’s how I would remember those Physics problems forever. Simple!
With these thoughts, I was wondering whether I could also come up with three simple sentences. After researching a lot, reading a decent number of books and based upon my experiences (Both Success & Failure) with life, I too have finally reached at- The three simple laws. You can call them as- ‘The 3 Laws of Happiness‘.
Law-I: Keep Yourself Happy. “First try to keep yourself happy, then and only then you can keep your surrounding happy.”
How can you do that?
- Wake up early. Go to bed early.
- Eat Healthy Food. Exercise Daily.
- Meditate at least for 12 minutes a day.
- Appreciate what you have. Pray and Thank God for the beautiful life.
- Prioritize Knowledge above anything else.
- Don’t fall in love with materialistic things (Read- World).
- Give more focus on what you can give to others than to take.
- Think-Say-Do in Harmony as preached by Mahatma Gandhi.
Law-II: Don’t fall prey to the tricks of Expectations. “Never expect. Never assume. Never ask. Never demand. Just let it be. If it’s meant to be, it will happen. ” ~ Unknown
And, How can you do that?
- Focus on journey more than the destination.
- Take Responsibilities for your actions and decisions. Stop blaming others, especially God and Time.
- Recognize the differences between needs and wants.
- Say, it to yourself: It’s OK if other don’t agree with you or like you. If you are right, then everything is fine. Remember, Nobody is perfect!
- Greed, Selfishness, Arrogance, Impatience: These traits make you servant of yours expectations. So, please kill them.
- Be honest to yourself. Tell yourself, what will actually matter when you will be asked to summarize your life in just 5 sentences.
- Know that, everything is temporary. Nothing is Permanent.
- Trade Expectations for Acceptance.
Law-III: Practice Active Gratitude . “A person’s most useful asset is not a head full of knowledge, but a heart full of love, an ear ready to listen and a hand willing to help others.” ~ Unknown
How can you do that?
- Help others. Have a feeling of compassion for them.
- Laugh often. Smile more often. These things grow on sharing.
- Stay humble and appreciate the role of others in your life.
- Be thankful to others & God when you achieve or learn something.
- Appreciate little things and cherish them. The accumulated happiness that you get from them is much more than what you believe you get from bigger things.
- Spend time with your friends and family members. Talk to them with an open heart. Don’t keep grudge for others, it only add as an extra weight to your heart.
- You can also volunteer for charity clubs and organization during your free time.
- Look at the people who are struggling with the bigger problems than you. (See the Image below)
The irony is in today’s world, we love things and use people when it is supposed to be the exact opposite.
So, Use things & Love People. Practice the 3 laws of Happiness!
Stay Happy, Stay Blessed!
You can also read:
- Never Give Up: From an Average Guy to an Inventor!
- When should we call something as beautiful? Is the Moon Beautiful?
- A Quick & Easy Way to do- Meditation